Popular helmet receives major overhaul packed with advanced safety features.
Fox Racing Australia has unveiled its all-new V3 helmet for 2020, the long-standing model boasting a major overhaul packed with advanced safety features.
The all-new V3 helmet is the most technologically advanced moto helmet Fox has have ever offered. It builds off its championship-winning heritage with a new highly ventilated design and a systematic approach to protecting you from both linear and rotational impacts.
The tech-rich update includes an arsenal of revolutionary features including Fluid Inside and Fox’s proprietary MVRS. Worn and refined by the fastest racers on the planet, the V3 is made for motocross champions.
Based on extensive scientific research, Fluid Inside is engineered to enhance your helmet’s ability to protect your brain by mimicking Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF) – your body’s natural protection.
The V3 incorporates a matrix of Fluid pods oriented around the head and attached to the helmet interior. By precisely decoupling or ‘floating’ the helmet on the head, each Fluid pod matrix acts like CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) to independently and simultaneously manage the linear and rotational forces acting on soft brain tissue.
The second-generation Magnetic Visor Release System (MVRS) is designed to stay firmly in place through aggressive dirt bike riding and roost conditions, but detach from the helmet upon impact to help mitigate external rotational forces that can affect your head during a crash.
2020 Fox V3 helmet key features:
– Fluid Inside is designed to help dissipate rotational and linear energy transmitted to the rider’s brain in the event of a crash.
– Magnetic Visor Release System (MVRS) allows the visor to detach during a crash.
– Dual-density Varizorb EPS liner is meant to provide improved protection by spreading the forces of impact across a wider surface area.
– Patent-pending chin bar/eye port CAGE is intended to improve energy management in the event of an impact.
– MCT (Multi Composite Technology) shell construction that blends Carbon and FRP resins to provide a light yet rigid external shell.
– Four shell and EPS sizes for best in class fit.
– Injected mesh vent screens provide superior ventilation and airflow, while maintaining protection from dirt and debris.
– Removable, washable X-Static comfort liner and cheek pads are antimicrobial and manage odour while wicking moisture away from the head.
– Meets or exceeds DOT and/or ECE 22.05 standards.
Priced at RRP $749.95, the 2020 Fox V3 is due land in dealerships and online retailers on 17 May. For more information, visit www.foxhead.com.au.