Youth-sized neck brace now available for junior riders.
Australian distributor Monza Imports has announced the release of the all-new Alpinestars Youth Neck Support, which is now ready for purchase at dealerships and online retailers around the country.
Specially designed for youth or smaller framed riders, the Youth Neck Support functions when the helmet and support frame provide an alternative load path for the excessive energy that compresses the neck.
If the helmet is in contact with the neck support at the moment of impact the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture from occurring and reduce the chance of muscular injuries from extreme head movement.
Although it is not possible to eliminate the risk of any form of injury, the support has been proven to help reduce the most serious damage and minimise the risk of collateral injury as the impact load is channelled away from the neck.
2018 Alpinestars Youth Neck Support key features:
– New compact and easy to use lightweight neck protection to fit kids from 8 to 14 years.
– Ergonomic designed and engineered shape for perfect fitment and engagement with A-5s.
– Left and right rigid frames made from a polymer compound in combination with the internal smooth edged soft injected EVA provide a perfect fit and stable positioning.
– Overall frame construction dissipates energy loads by transmitting them across the back.
– Flexible back connector between the left and the right frames allows the neck support to follow the body movement when riding.
Available in solely the youth size, the neck support is priced at RRP $179.95. For more information, visit www.monzaimports.com.au.